Prolonged fasts unlock the deepest level of fasting. It triggers your body’s natural way of cleaning house. Your cells clean and recycle old and damaged parts, resulting in a profound benefit: cell rejuvenation. Your cells renew themselves and act like younger cells.
The practice of fasting involves calorie restriction.
Do not start a fast if:
• During this period of COVID-19, if you are over 65 years of age, or are in a high-risk category.
• If you have a diagnosis of or are on a prescription for diabetes (type 1 or type 2), cancer, or congestive heart failure, or you have a history of fainting, fast only with the approval and supervision of a healthcare practitioner.
• If you have a fever, cough, diarrhea, signs of an active infection, or are at risk for a repetitive infection.
• You are underweight, pregnant, or breastfeeding.
• If you have a known, diagnosed, or suspected eating disorder.
• You are under 18 years of age over the age of 70.
• You have dietary restrictions
• You are underweight or do not want to lose weight - during the fasting period, an individual will naturally lose 2-5% of his/her body weight